I was recently given the chance to do a review on the Cartoon ABC- Pre-reading for Kids application for iPhone and iPod touch. I am almost ashamed to admit it, but my two year old not only knows how to work an iPhone, but she also has her own iPod touch. I did not buy it specifically for her, let me clarify! It was mine before I got the iPhone, so I gave it to her when she was old enough to enjoy the games on it.
That being said, the Cartoon ABC is one of her favorites! She’ll get her iPod or my iPhone and bring it up to me, saying, “ABCs, Momma! Please!” I thank this app for the fact that she is only 25 months old and can recognize every letter of the alphabet! Each letter has its own animated screen complete with items that start with the letter being featured. My daughter learned how to say “envelope” because of the E page, although it comes out more like her name, Emma. She says “emma-lope”. It’s really cute!
Check out the description offered by the developer:
Cartoon ABC is an ANIMATED ALPHABET that INTRODUCES children to the exciting world of LETTERS! It makes learning INTERACTIVE and FUN, and engages kids in a FASCINATING GAME.
The ABC is presented through a set of beautiful flash cards. Tap images and blinking areas to see the spelling of the words and to hear the pronunciation.
Cartoon ABC is highly interactive. Every time young explorers tap a letter or an object they can see a cute animated video. This game-like learning encourages kids to explore more and to learn by playing.
As a result of using Cartoon ABC your children will memorize the letters of the alphabet, remember the words that start with a corresponding letter, recognize the way the words are written, and have fun!
YOUR KID WILL LOVE
- interactive mode of learning;
- 100+ amusing animations;
- pleasant melodies;
- child-friendly colorful graphics;
- cute characters with sound accompaniment;
- a new instrumental version of their favorite ABC chant;
BENEFITS FOR KIDS
- kids’ fine motor skills develop as they tap the letters and images;
- children’s memory improves when kids revise letters;
- attention span increases as a child stays concentrated on the task;
- kids also learn to associate the way the letters and words are pronounced with the way they get written;
PARENTS WILL ALSO APPRECIATE
- Parents Area specially designed to monitor children’s progress;
- A variety of melodies in the app (forget about a constantly recurring tune that sounds like a stuck record!);
- Graphics quality;
- An independent way a child can use the app;
- They way we care about children’s privacy: we don’t have any ads or integration with social networks;
Cartoon ABC is an alphabet every kid and parent will enjoy!
Recommended for kids over 2 years old.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.Young Mom's Deals receives free products for review purposes and some posts include affiliate marketing links. Please view the full disclosure policy for full details.
Latest posts by Robyn (see all)
- Check Your Credit for FREE with CreditSesame! No Strings Attached - May 18, 2013
- No nonsense Leggings and Tights - May 18, 2013
- FREE $50 (No gimmicks or tricks)! - May 16, 2013
Republished by Blog Post Promoter